WELCOME FRIENDS!

WELCOME FRIENDS!
You found me. Now bookmark this page!

In Memory Of Bear

I just found out through facebook that a childhood friend of mine, Bear Loranger, died very suddenly yesterday. At first I didn't believe it, because I had heard a false rumor that he had died some years earlier--someone told me he had been bitten and killed  while farming rattlesnakes. However, after awhile the reports started to come in and I realized this time it must be true.

Bear and I weren't as close as I would have liked. I only learned his last name today. We shared many mutual friends and partied together often, but we largely ran in different circles. Nevertheless, when we did see each other there was always a strong feeling of camaraderie and affection between us. Later in life, I would often see him at the community college. He was studying culinary arts and I was studying law, so we didn't share any classes, but we would often stop and chat when passing each other in the halls. I sensed that somehow he and I had more in common than just growing up in the same town.

I don't have a picture of Bear, but this photo reminds me of his kind spirit.



I am so glad to have known you, Bear. You lived on the edge and your light was bright and strong. I wish we had more time to spend together. Sail on, dear friend...the rest of us are close behind.

1 comment:

Comments Are Welcome!